1. In line with the initiation of Task Forces under WGIC, the proposal to identify the TFs was raised during the Fourth Meeting of D-8 Working Group on Industrial Cooperation (WGIC) on 10-12 November 2008, Bali-Indonesia.
After having and intensive discussion and exchange of views, the meeting agreed to strengthen future cooperation through Task Forces:
1.Automotive (Coordinator: Iran, Egypt, and Indonesia)
2.Energy, Power Sector and Conservation (Coordinator: Turkey, Nigeria)
3.Food production through Mechanization (Coordinator: Malaysia)
4.Cooperation/Transfer of Technology (Coordinator: Turkey, Iran)
5.Petrochemicals and Fertilizer (Coordinator: Indonesia, Iran)
6.Cement (Coordinator: Iran)
7.Steel (Coordinator: Iran)
8.Textile (Coordinator: Egypt, Indonesia)
9.Standardization and Intellectual Property Rights (Coordinator: Turkey, Iran)
10.SMEs (Coordinator: Turkey, Indonesia, Iran, Nigeria)
11.Electronics and IT (Coordinator: Malaysia)
During this meeting, the private sector of Indonesia, Turkey and Iran has signed a Minute of Meeting to facilitate cooperation through a long-term program on Automotive Industry. A joint working group will be established to develop the long-term cooperation.
2. The Fifth Meeting of D-8 Working Group on Industrial Cooperation (WGIC) was held in Tehran, Iran, on February 28 – March 02 2010, back-to-back meeting with the First D-8 Ministerial Meeting on Industry.
During WGIC meeting, all the delegations discussed and approved all the Terms of Reference (ToR) of 11 Task Forces as recommended on previous D-8 WGIC meeting. In addition, Plan of Action: Cooperation on Industry & Tehran Declaration on D-8 Industrial Cooperation was adopted by WGIC meeting. Meanwhile, at ministerial meeting, The Ministers adopted Tehran Declaration.
3. As the one of coordinator Small Medium Enterprises (SMEs) under 11 Task Forces of D-8 WGIC, Iran Small Industries & Industrial Parks Organization (ISIPO) hosted the First D-8 SMEs Governmental Bodies Meeting of D-8 Member Countries on 06-07 December 2010 in Tehran-Iran with the idea to examine how to implement the agreements and deepen the ties between D-8 Member Countries. In addition, the meeting has also considered that it is also timely opportune for D-8 governmental bodies to meet and discuss common efforts in responding towards the current potential market of D-8 SMEs.
4. As a follow up activity of the First D-8 SMEs Governmental Bodies Meeting of D-8 Member Countries on 06-07 December 2010 in Tehran-Iran, Iranian government held the SME Cluster Development Best Practice Workshop on 8-9 February 2011 in Tehran-Iran, which intended to familiarize the related persons from Member Countries with the concept and experiences of SME Cluster Development in Iran. The workshop commenced successfully with full participation from D-8 Member Countries and ECO.
5. The Sixth Meeting of D-8 Working Group on Industrial Cooperation (WGIC) and Second D-8 Ministerial Meeting on Industry was held on 4-6 October 2011 in Istanbul-Turkey. Excluding Task Force on Textile and Garment, all Task Forces were discussed. Turkish delegation also proposed to add one more Task Force, namely Task Force on Machinery.
At Ministerial level meeting, the Ministers adopted Istanbul Declaration. In addition, at agenda item: exchange of views on Industry Meeting, Minister of Industry of Indonesia and Minister of Industry of Iran emphasized on the discrepancy in the level of performance of various Task Forces of the WGIC and called of an objective review and analysis, with regards to optimization of the number of TFs.
6. The First D-8 Task Force Meeting on Textile and Garment successfully held on 27-28 October 2011 in Jakarta-Indonesia. The meeting decided that the Member Countries would submit their respective set of concrete proposals for cooperation to D-8 Secretariat within 45 days. In addition, Indonesian delegation proposed a matrix for the articulation of a plan of action for the future of the Task Force, which can also serve as a mechanism for further articulation of the activities of the Task Force.
In the Second D-8 Task Force Meeting on Technology Cooperation was held in Dhaka, Bangladesh on 9 October 2012., the following decesions were made:
01. All countries nominate contact person for this particular Task Force and provide the names and contact details to D-8 Secretariat within one month.
02. The proposal of the representative from Iran, which was presented earlier in the meeting of the Task Force held in Istanbul, Turkey, for developing a Web portal for Technology Transfer & Exchange Network (TTEN) which will be technology database for D-8 Member countries, was adopted. It is recommended that the web portal is hyperlinked to D-8 website. It will be financed by Iran and will be made operational within next six months.
3. Creation of Platform for Exchange of R&D personnel among member states
4. Directory of Technology Packages in different disciplines
5. Arrange budget for R&D and Human Resource Development (HRD)
6. Organizing Annual Technology Festival in every country
7. The D-8 countries as a group would try to ensure that article 66.2 of trade related aspects TRIPS requiring to developed countries to transfer technology to developing countries is fully implemented by WTO
Outcomes of the Task Force on Technology Cooperation of the 4th Ministerial Meeting on Industrial Cooperation 26-27 January 2015, Tehran, Iran are as follows:
-Iran will initiate a Research Project to study the requirements for up-grading the technological cooperation and exchanges among the Member States.
-The meeting decided that the D-8 TTEN Secretariat will prepare the prerequisites to act as D-8 Technology Transfer Center (TTC) in order to facilitate technology transfer among the Member States. The D-8 TTEN Secretariat, in close liaison with the D-8 Secretariat, will develop the criteria for cooperation and report to the next meeting.
-To increase technology cooperation among the Member States, D-8 TTEN Secretariat will facilitate participation in the International Technology Exhibitions (such as INOTEX 2015-I.R. Iran). All the Member States are encouraged to cooperate with D-8 TTEN Secretariat in order to make the platform an effective interface.
Mr. Md. Humayun Kabir Lasker
Ministry of Science and Technology
Phone: +880 295 76539
Mr. Mahmoud Gaber
The General Authority for Industrial Development
Phone (mobile): +20 100 6043 005
Mr. Agust Juvenly Purba
Ministry of Industry
Phone: +62 856 9266 7391
Ministry of Industry
Phone: +62 811 80811 3399
Mr. AminReza Khaleghian
Director of International & Public Relations
Mr. AhmadReza Alaei
Director of Technomart
Mr. Majid Najafian
International & Public Relations Department
Mr. Davoud Ghahremanlou
Expert for Technomart Center
Center for Innovation and Technology Cooperation (CITC)
Phone: +98 21 76250 250
Fax: +98 21 76250 250
Dr. Mohd Mokhtar Bin Tahar
Undersecretary of Industry
Ministry of Science, Technology and Innovation (MOSTI)
Level 2, Block C4, Parcel C,
Federal Government Administrative Centre, 62662 Putrajaya, Malaysia
Phone: +603-8885 8256
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr. Bindir Buba Umar
National Office for Technology Acquisition and Assessment (NOTAP)
Phone: +234 946 11183
Phone: +234 9523 776
Mr. Shafii A. Ahmed
Chief Technology Officer
Mr. Mohammad Ajmal Sharif
General Manager (BDG)
Engineering Development Board
Ministry of Industries and Production,
Government of Pakistan Engineering Development Board (EDB),
3rd Floor, SEDC/IFC Building,
5-A5 Constitution Avenue,
Phone: +92 51 920 5595-98
Direct: +92 51 920 5324
Mr. Asim Ayaz
Engineering Development Board (EDB),
3rd Floor, SEDC/IFC Building,
5-A5 Constitution Avenue,
Mr. Halit Ateş
Ministry of Science, Industry and Technology
Mobile: +90 507 930 6900
-1st D-8 Task Force Meeting on Technology Cooperation ( 5 October 2011, Istanbul-Turkey) -Held
-2nd D-8 Task Force Meeting on Technology Cooperation (9 October 2012, Dhaka-Bangladesh) -Held
-High Council Meeting of D-8 TTEN (7 – 9 October 2013, Tehran, Iran) - Held
-D-8 Task Force Meeting on Technology Cooperation (26-28 January 2015, Tehran-Iran)- Held