1. In line with the initiation of Task Forces under WGIC, the proposal to identify the TFs was raised during the Fourth Meeting of D-8 Working Group on Industrial Cooperation (WGIC) on 10-12 November 2008, Bali-Indonesia.
After having and intensive discussion and exchange of views, the meeting agreed to strengthen future cooperation through Task Forces:
1.Automotive (Coordinator: Iran, Egypt, and Indonesia)
2.Energy, Power Sector and Conservation (Coordinator: Turkey, Nigeria)
3.Food production through Mechanization (Coordinator: Malaysia)
4.Cooperation/Transfer of Technology (Coordinator: Turkey, Iran)
5.Petrochemicals and Fertilizer (Coordinator: Indonesia, Iran)
6.Cement (Coordinator: Iran)
7.Steel (Coordinator: Iran)
8.Textile (Coordinator: Egypt, Indonesia)
9.Standardization and Intellectual Property Rights (Coordinator: Turkey, Iran)
10.SMEs (Coordinator: Turkey, Indonesia, Iran, Nigeria)
11.Electronics and IT (Coordinator: Malaysia)
During this meeting, the private sector of Indonesia, Turkey and Iran has signed a Minute of Meeting to facilitate cooperation through a long-term program on Automotive Industry. A joint working group will be established to develop the long-term cooperation.
2. The Fifth Meeting of D-8 Working Group on Industrial Cooperation (WGIC) was held in Tehran, Iran, on February 28 – March 02 2010, back-to-back meeting with the First D-8 Ministerial Meeting on Industry.
During WGIC meeting, all the delegations discussed and approved all the Terms of Reference (ToR) of 11 Task Forces as recommended on previous D-8 WGIC meeting. In addition, Plan of Action: Cooperation on Industry & Tehran Declaration on D-8 Industrial Cooperation was adopted by WGIC meeting. Meanwhile, at ministerial meeting, The Ministers adopted Tehran Declaration.
3. As the one of coordinator Small Medium Enterprises (SMEs) under 11 Task Forces of D-8 WGIC, Iran Small Industries & Industrial Parks Organization (ISIPO) hosted the First D-8 SMEs Governmental Bodies Meeting of D-8 Member Countries on 06-07 December 2010 in Tehran-Iran with the idea to examine how to implement the agreements and deepen the ties between D-8 Member Countries. In addition, the meeting has also considered that it is also timely opportune for D-8 governmental bodies to meet and discuss common efforts in responding towards the current potential market of D-8 SMEs.
4. As a follow up activity of the First D-8 SMEs Governmental Bodies Meeting of D-8 Member Countries on 06-07 December 2010 in Tehran-Iran, Iranian government held the SME Cluster Development Best Practice Workshop on 8-9 February 2011 in Tehran-Iran, which intended to familiarize the related persons from Member Countries with the concept and experiences of SME Cluster Development in Iran. The workshop commenced successfully with full participation from D-8 Member Countries and ECO.
5. The Sixth Meeting of D-8 Working Group on Industrial Cooperation (WGIC) and Second D-8 Ministerial Meeting on Industry was held on 4-6 October 2011 in Istanbul-Turkey. Excluding Task Force on Textile and Garment, all Task Forces were discussed. Turkish delegation also proposed to add one more Task Force, namely Task Force on Machinery.
At Ministerial level meeting, the Ministers adopted Istanbul Declaration. In addition, at agenda item: exchange of views on Industry Meeting, Minister of Industry of Indonesia and Minister of Industry of Iran emphasized on the discrepancy in the level of performance of various Task Forces of the WGIC and called of an objective review and analysis, with regards to optimization of the number of TFs.
6. The First D-8 Task Force Meeting on Textile and Garment successfully held on 27-28 October 2011 in Jakarta-Indonesia. The meeting decided that the Member Countries would submit their respective set of concrete proposals for cooperation to D-8 Secretariat within 45 days. In addition, Indonesian delegation proposed a matrix for the articulation of a plan of action for the future of the Task Force, which can also serve as a mechanism for further articulation of the activities of the Task Force.
Mr. Dilip Kumar Shaha
Info details Ministry of Industries
91, Motijheel C/A, Dhaka
Mr. Raouf Hasan Farg
Head of Central Department of Investment Policies and International Agreement
Ministry of Trade & Industry
Phone: +2022 794 4984
Fax: +2022 7953466
Director of Food Industries
Jln. Jend. Gatot Subroto Kav. 52-53,
17th floor Jakarta Selatan 12950
Phone: +62 21 5252709,
+62 21 525 5509
Ext: 2621, 4058
Fax: +6221 5252709
Mr. Mahdi Sadegh Niaraki
Mrs. Mastura Ahmad Mustafa
Sectoral Policy Division, Ministry of Inernational Trade and Industry
8th Floor, Block 10, Government Offices Complex
Jalan Duta 50622 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Phone: +603 6203 4528
Fax: +603 6201 2341
Ms. Yasmin Masood
Joint Secretary (Dev.)
Ministry of Food and Agriculture
Ozcan Tutumlu – Engineer
Tel: +90 312 201 55 89
Fax: +90 312 201 55 64
Tel: +90 312 284 77 78
Fax: +90 312 284 77 79
Meeting so far held:
-D-8 Task Force Meeting on Food Industry (26-28 January 2015, Tehran-Iran)